Tuesday 16 January 2018

As Live Production: Pitch Idea Development

As Live Production: Pitch Idea Development

As this unit moves forward Danny and I began to refine our ideas. After some consideration we came to a decision about our most effective idea.

We decided that our best idea was "Teen Talk TV", there were several reasons for this including: 

-It has more originality than other ideas.
-It targets a gap in the market and has a good USP.
-It is more realistically achievable with the budget, time, space   and other resources that we have available.
-It fits well with certain channels but also has online potential.

After we had decided on which idea we wanted to take forward I was keen to get started with our research and putting out some "feelers" for casting and content.

In order to target a young audience I researched in to youth groups involved in politics or current affairs. During my research I came across two groups of people. The first group was the UK Youth Parliament. I thought they would make great contributors because of how they defined themselves.

"The UK Youth Parliament provides opportunities for 11-18 year olds to use their elected voice to bring about social change through meaningful representation and campaigning". 
(Parliment, 2017).

I found the details of their press office on their website and sent out an email explaining the aims of our project and expressing our interest in speaking to some of their representatives.



I continued to research in to potential contributors and was reminded that each county in England has its own Youth Council, I looked in to the Maidstone youth council and got their contact details as they were the most local, however I also remembered that I had a few contacts in the Gravesham Youth Council.

Image result for gravesham youth councilMy contacts were also the perfect age for our target audience so I got in contact with them via social media and they expressed interest in the project (which hopefully gives as a small lead over some of the other groups).





Bibliography

Parliment, Y., 2017. UK Youth Parliment. [Online]
Available at: http://www.ukyouthparliament.org.uk/
[Accessed 16 January 2017].


No comments:

Post a Comment