Wednesday 10 January 2018

As Live Production: Initial Ideas

As Live Production: Initial Ideas

For the first part of this unit our brief was as follows:
In pairs develop a detailed pitch for a 30 min Pilot show to be recorded LIVE in the studios.

Following this I brainstormed a few ideas durign the christmas break and sent them over to Danny who will be my partner for this brief. These are my ideas as seen in the screenshots below.  









Some of the insperation I had stemed from otehr shows that I had seen. These shows included:
Image result for the tonight show









Live At The Apollo
Miachle Mcintyre's Big Show
Later With Jools Holland
The Tonight Show
The Graham Norton Show
Saturday Kitchen
Little Big Shots

Image result for live at the apolloImage result for little big shots dawn french

I thought a stand up comedy show was quite an original idea for this unit and had some VT potential. It would however rely heavilly on the talant, we would need to be able to source people who are genuiley funny and experienced.

Something that would require a little less scouting would be a music show like Jools Holland. This could be a mix of general chat and performances and could be blended with VT's quite well to easilly fill the time slot. The trouble would be copyright. If the artists were to perform covers we could face copyright claims, and if they performed their own songs we would need tehm to sign over teh rights which could be a hassel. 

I think a more generalised chat show could work well, with plenty of room for guests, games, VT etc. The only problem would be comming up with an original idea, and finding interesting guests.

A really original and cool idea could be a cooking show (aimed at a specific audience e.g. students to give it a new angle). It could easilly fill the 30 min time slot and maintain audiemce atention. However there are all sorts of health and safety issues to consider.

My final idea was a talent show similar to Britains got talent but on a smaller scale. There is room for VT and we could easilly entertain an audience for the 30 min time slot. The trouble with this would be finding an original angle. There are so many talent shows out there that it is difficult to find a new angle, as well as interesting contestants. 


Later today we were asked to present one of our ideas to the group as a whole so that we could generate some initial thoughts and feedback. 
I put foward my idea of a chat show, I explained where my insperation had come from and how i thought I could develop it. The main concern that we had with this was originality and angle. I was asked to think carefully about what my idea could do differently to these other shows, what channel and time slot would it fill, who our primary audience would be etc.

I will continue to work with Danny and others to develop this idea so that it is more foccussed and refined.


No comments:

Post a Comment