Monday 16 October 2017

TV News: Edit Diary Day 1

TV News: Edit Diary Day 1

Today marked the first day of the edit process. I headed in to the studios to begin piecing together our project. 



The first step was to review the footage we had shot over the past few days, and sort between the good and bad takes. Al the good shots I put in to a separate folder and then put in premier.

I decided the best way forward was to review the footage in the order that it would be seen in the edit. So I started with the studio stuff that we shot on day 5, then moved on ti the package. 

I initially intended to review all the footage today but got so engrossed in piecing together the opening that I thought it best to continue editing rather than interrupt my flow. 

The studio was quite empty today and Alex, Cailan and Andrew each had prior commitments. This was actually really good since I had plenty of space, piece and quiet to work in. I was able to get most of the studio stuff edited together as well as the beginning of the package. 



Although the others couldn't be there in person, I regularly sent them clips of what I had been working on, and they gave feedback.

I rendered out the beginning of the project to make sure it played fine. While this was happening I took the opportunity to make some graphics in after effects that we could use to support our brand when the production comes together. Bellow is the logo/graphic animation I produced.  


Alex is coming in to check my progress and assist tomorrow so I will be sure to get his opinions on what I've done so far. I still need to find a background for our green screen, perhaps he can help with that. 
Overall I was very happy with today and I made a lot of progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment