Wednesday 1 May 2019

Major Project: Editing-Fitness Sequence

Major Project: Editing-Fitness Sequence

The fitness sequence is one that went through significant changes. I had a lot of material to work with, but as a result, it was hard to know which direction to go in. 



I think I set up the scene nicely and in the first cut we had Alex entering the gym and introducing himself and his dream to Craig the gym instructor. It was really hard to get this audio to macth due to a large amount of background noise but I did it eventually. 

I then took the edit through the various tests Alex was put through by Craig. Although I had lots of shots to work with hear it was much slower paced than i had originally intended and wasn't as effective as we had hoped. It also had no natural conclusion. 




After showing it to Simon we agreed it was best to cut the audio entirely, put in some music, edit to that and fill in gaps with voice over. This worked a lot better although it did take us quite some time to find an effective music track. But once we did I was able to try out the rhythmic editing I had researched. Cutting each shot to the beat for a more interesting and tighter sequence. 

I did add in some natural audio at the end but we eventually decided to take it out as it didnt match as well as we thought. 

I became quite proud of this sequence and kept improving it. Making sure the ending was better (as t=it felt like it had multiple end points until i swapped out some of the shots). 


However Simon, after watching our full cut, said the music didn't match as well as we thought. So after another evening spent hunting for music, I swapped the tracks out, and ended up re-doing the whole scene so the rhythmic editing matched with the new song. Although ths=is was a pain, I must say it ended up working even better than before and i am still really proud of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment