Thursday 28 February 2019

Major Project: Ford Puma Shoot

Major Project: Ford Puma Shoot

Today's shoot saw Alex taking part in his first proper track day after the Racing licence. This was a great opportunity for us (myself in particular) to apply what we had learned from the racing license shoot and have a more successful day.

The first step for this process in relation to my role as producer was ensuring we had enough help. I tried to arange for some 1st years to come down for this day.



This was all set to go ahead and I had arranged a camera and location for them, I was going to supervise their progress and asssist them as best I could.



But they didnt turn up and weren't answering their phone. This meant that i had to go on a camera which i wasn't very comfortable with. I had prepared camera plans for everyone and did my best to follow what Alex had layed out.

This really messed with my schedule and the day by waiting for them to turn u[, when they never did. I quickly arrived at the locartion, distributed plans and walkie talkies. We all get set up and i did my best to communicate witht the others.




Cailan did a good on of informing me and Jon who came down to help, when Alex was out on track. I tried to arrange position chnages for people but struggled to efficiently fullfill my ideal responsabilities as I had to learn a new camera, and a new camera/location plan that i hadn't practiced.

The shoot was a success though for the most part. But due to my being on camera, I couldn't check up on Cailans progress with he shotlsit and we missed some actuality that we shall have to re-shoot at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment