Thursday 21 February 2019

Major Project: Distributing The Edit

Major Project: Distributing The Edit

Today we had a meeting with Simon, where we showed him the progress we had been making. But due to the crazy bussy schedule we have, and the additional responsibilities I have had to take on as producer. There was not a lot to show him as I have gotten behind on the edit. 

This has not been in keeping with the schedule I set for myself and arranged with Simon. I have been struggling to keep up with it for some time now and feel considerably overwhelmed. That is why after discussion with Simon, it was suggested that I distribute some of the edit to Cailan.

As I was planning to be the sole editor on this project, and have a lot of pride in my work, this is not a decision I took lightly. I was worried about how it would look to others and how it might impact my grade. I was also concerned about losing some of my creative control now in post-production which I was relying on to demonstrate my creative input.

But ultimately looking at how much there is still to do, knowing that I'll only get busier as the project goes on, and knowing Cailans editing style well. I knew I had to do what was best for the project. So after discussion with him, I agreed to distribute some of the edit to him. I tasked him the sequences I knew would match his editing style and that I had faith he would do a good job with. 

I worry if this reflect badly on me, but I have to do what's best for this project and I think we can work together to create something dar better than either of us could do alone. I have complete faith in Cailan and look forward to seeing what he can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment