Thursday 21 February 2019

Major Project: Edit Process "War Plan"

Major Project: Edit Process "War Plan"

After getting a bit behind on the edit due to the incredibly demanding shooting schedule. I spoke to Simon and the team, and also reflected upon my earlier research. We decided that the best way for me to keep on top of the edit, and ensure an efficient workflow. Was for me to put together a "War Plan" of the entire post-production schedule. 

This would outline exactly what needed to be edited, when it should be started, and when I should aim to have a  completed cut by. I looked very carefully at our productions schedule and reflected on the sequences I had already done. 

After taking on board that information I set myself a series of realistic goals, that would ensure I always had something to work on (but wouldn't get overwhelmed) and that every week I could show Simon as well as my team, new material. Always keeping a day or so free soon after to make any appropriate changes. 

When planning this I also carefully considered the scale of each edit, and how it would tie in with my commitments to shooting and producing the other parts of this documentary. After careful planning and consideration, I put together a clear and realistic plan. 

I decided to do this on a physical spreadsheet to allow me to manually tick things off as I went to avoid mistakes. I think this really helped streamline my edit and allowed me to catch up (with help from Cailan). You can see the war plan in the below image, which details exactly when I planned to start and finish each part of the edit.


No comments:

Post a Comment