Monday 1 October 2018

Pre-Production: Project Concept

Project Concept

After the initial briefing and some consideration over the summer I have chosen to do a hypothetical pre-production. I think it will grant me a unique opportunity to research and plan something truly unique and something that I am passionate about. As well as giving me valuable practice at skills I will need as producer in the major project.

For this hypothetical pre-production I will be planning a series that focusses on the world of performing arts. Specifically looking at the lives of people who attend these stage schools part time as a hobby, but may want to turn it in to a career. It will be a multi episode documentary series and will look at more than one school to get a wider source of contributors, stories and examples.

This idea stems from my own personal passion in performing arts. I have attended a performing arts school, taking acting classes in my spare time for a number of years, and for a while thought I might make a career out of it. But despite having lost my vision for being an actor I never lost my passion for performing arts and this unit will give me a chance to explore the journeys of similar people and see if there’s consistent themes that link us all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment