Tuesday 9 October 2018

Pre-Production: Project Development (Simon's Feedback And Collaboration)

Project Development: Simon’s Feedback And Collaboration

After speaking with Simon about my pre-production he gave me some very interesting feedback and points to consider. He explained to me that I will need to come up with a 25 word pitch that sums up my series. He also liked the idea of Australia being compared with the UK but said I would need to Justify it which is something I will work on. As well as this he encouraged me to look in to the differences between fly on the wall filming and to see that it is different to fixed camera (which is more in line with what my show will be).

He suggested that I should look in to making this series a collaboration between two different networks (one in the UK and one international). Since I have already chosen Channel 4 as my platform I needed to look at a broadcaster in Australia who has similar content and audience goals to Channel 4. After some looking I cam across the SBS network which bares striking resemblances to Channel 4 in terms of its content (mostly documentary/real life based). As such I think this will prove to be a great network to collaborate with. It will allow me to save money by hiring multiple crew overseas which will also save time and money sending people overseas to scout locations meet contributors etc as this can all be handled by SBS who are clearly a very competent network.

No comments:

Post a Comment