Monday 20 November 2017

Professional Practice: Liaising And Technical Dificulties

Professional Practice: Liaising And Technical Difficulties

Over the past few days I have been submitting documents and talking to the guildhall regarding my commission. However this has been made considerably more difficult due to technical difficulties beyond my control. 



We agreed in our previous meeting that we would send over a basic shot list and or story board on Thursday. I worked hard to prepare both ready for them to look at, and sent them over Thursday morning.  However it would appear that of the several documents I sent, the only one they received was my first script/shot list.

 


To resolve the issue I tired re-sending these documents several times even using my own personal email account. But technical difficulties permitted causing m to be locked out of my account completely at one point due to server issues. 

The fact that most of my emails haven't been getting through also meant that my request for information on my objects wasn't seen so I made sure to find as much as I could online.

To make up for this I made sure to phone the Guildhall and explain the situation, after the initial confusion was resolved they seemed to understand. 

They informed me that from what they had seen my idea was "right on the money". And although they were busy if I took all my paperwork with me when I start filming they could have another look then. I look forward to starting my shoot. 



I have been sure to maintain regular email contact. 






No comments:

Post a Comment