Thursday 15 December 2016

Directions Project: Red Riding Script

After analysing the script for "Red Riding" I constructed a basic idea of how and where it should be filmed. Who it should star and who should film it. I will give a brief explanation for each.

Location: I beleive that the film should be set somewhere in the english country side. A rural setting would allow for a greater sense of isolation. A good location for this woul be sittingbourne.

CAST: For the main charater of Eddie I would cast Jerad Leto: he has been in action movies before such as fight club and although he wasn't a main character. He is a method actor and i beleive this scriptt would suit him and he could create great characterisation. 

For the role of Hadly i would cast Gary Oldman, having played a police officer in previuose films I feel the role would come naturally to him.

For the role of Jobson I would cast Bryan Cramston, I eleive that he has a natural authority that he can bring to any role he plays, yet can appear run down and abstonant at the same time, this diversity could help in the role.

CREW: For the crew I have in mind a few people i think could bring something to this film.

DOP- For the director of photography I would use Miachle Slovis, he is a very experienced DOP who has worked on a number of big productions varying in genre, and I beleive he could bring a very profesional feel to this script regardless of casting.

PD- For my production designer I would enlist the help of Jackson DeGovia, as an experienced crime/thriller designer his skills would be useful.

I also think Brian Tyler would make a great composer for this film, creating a soundtrack to match each character and action.

Jonathen Chibnall and Tirsa Hackshaw both worked on the crime drama "Jessica Jones" so have experience on how the story of a script like this should be constructed and what should be kept/cut etc.

1 comment:

  1. There were pictures with this but they wouldn't load no matter what I did :\

    ReplyDelete