Wednesday 30 November 2016



  Pre-Production And Planning

Bellow is the shot list that i used for my film. As well as a few possible locations for my film and planning. I chose to do a shot list rather than a story board since i can list all the technical details better. It also means that although the shots won't change the staging can be modified to an extent.


Locations
Bellow are two locations that i will consider using for my film, I will list their locations and the date I plan and using them, and why.

Maidstone Cemetery - In my screenplay my first scene is set in a cemetery. Since I am planning on shooting the opening two minuets of my screenplay this will be my primary location. I chose this because it is the largest cemetery in the local area, meaning I have plenty of space for staging and establishing shots. Should I encounter a problem I have the option to move to a different part of the area, and avoid hazards such as un even terrain or public interference. 



Maidstone High street -
Should My Film extend past two minuets, or drastic changes are made to the opening of my screenplay. A very useful location to shoot in would be a high street. Since one is featured in the initial draft of my screenplay, it wouldn't be out of the question for it to feature in my film. This location could be useful for keeping the action in my film on the move, and allow for a different pacing. I would have to be more careful of the general public, and vehicles would have to be featured in my risk assessment, but different shots could be used to create an atmosphere.



Actor's Props And Other Requirements 
It is important to plan out the basic requirements of a shoot such as the use of locations actors etc.
Bellow is a list of things I will require.

Actors- I will require two actors, one of them will be playing the main charterer and will have the majority of on screen presence, the other is only required for 1 or 2 scenes. I plan to use the other members of my group to play a part in my film. The part is adaptable as the age of the characters is not specifically mentioned allowing for adaptability should I have difficulty getting hold of actors. 

Crew- I will require 2 crew members, I will be operating the camera myself in order to ensure my shot list is followed correctly, and I get all the shots required. while operating the camera i can also see how the staging will play out on screen, and direct the actors more efficiently.
I will also require a sound operator to hold the boom mic and check for dialogue and background noise while I direct the actors. Fortunately I have another member of my group who I am able to assign t that role.

Props- The only props I will require is a mobile phone (in my screenplay the character answers their phone, and has a brief conversation to demonstrate their stress). And a photograph, the photograph is used to trigger certain dialogue and reveal a small amount of background detail/story to the audience.

Rather than ring the phone on  location I will add the noise in post, that way I can be sure the timing will be spot on and it wont mess with the pacing of the film.

Location Details- I plan to utilize certain aspects of my location. The use of a gravestone is essential, as it gives my character something/someone to talk to. It also is an essential part of my plot.
The use of a bench or sign, while not necessary will be stylistically effective,as I can use pans/tracking shots to set the scene while obscuring certain details about characters etc.

Shot List

Shot #
Location
Shot Type
Camera Movement
Shot Description
#1
Cemetery EXT. \/
Establishing
Still
Shot of church for iconography purposes
#2
Ext.
Establishing
Still
Shot of Cemetery

#3
Ext.
Establishing
Still
Shot of sign, characters walk past

#4
Ext.
Close Up
Still
Feet walk past camera

#5
Ext.
Long Shot
Slight Pan
Character begins walking left to right
#6
Ext.
Close Up
Tracking Character
Camera follows characters face as they make their way to a destination
#7
Ext.
Long Shot
Tracking Character
The camera tracks a characters movement, traveling behind a bench before stopping and panning
#8
Ext.
Mid Shot
Pan
The camera pans behind a gravestone to reveal the approach of the main character
#9
Ext.
Long Shot
Still
The character is seen from behind approaching the grave
#10
Ext.
Mid Shot
Still
The character greets the grave as if the person lying beneath the soil can hear him.
#11
Ext.
Close Up
Still
The character begins talking to the grave
#12
Ext.
Mid Shot
Pan
The character crouches down to get closer to the grave, the camera follows this movement
#13
Ext.
Close Up
Still
The character’s phone rings and a photo drops to the ground as they get up
#14
Ext.
Close Up
Still
We see the character talking on the phone
#15
Ext.
Mid Shot
Still
We see the character become increasingly frustrated with the conversation before hanging up
#16
Ext.
Long Shot
Pan
The character hangs up the phone and bends down to pick up the photo, the camera pans down to show this
#17
Ext.
Close up/POV
Still
We see an over the shoulder POV of the photo and hear the character comment on it
#18
Ext.
Mid Shot
Still
The characters phone sounds and they stop mid sentence, visually annoyed
#19
Ext.
Mid Shot/Long Shot
Pan
The character apologises to the grave, before getting up and walking away.
#20
Ext.
Long Shot
Still
The character walks away from the grave towards the camera
#21
Ext.
Close Up
Still
The characters feet pass the camera

#22
Ext.
Close Up
Still
A different pair of feet pass the camera in the opposite direction
#23
Ext.
Mid Shot
Tracking Shot
The two characters bump in to each other and turn around in shock to realise each other’s identities

No comments:

Post a Comment