Thursday 1 November 2018

Pre-Production: Greenlight Pitch: (Feedback, Competition and Location Change)

Greenlight Pitch: Feedback, Competition and Location Change

After my greenlight pitch and update pitch I received a lot of feedback. Some positive some constructive criticism. On the whole my idea was well received and described as well thought out. However there were multiple things that were suggested which will improve my project, and that I have since worked on.

Firstly the idea of the competition didn’t really workout. I had looked in to the NYPAF (New York Performing Arts Festival) a friendly competition that invites international parties to come and compete, sending a selection of their students to perform their best acting, dance or singing pieces in front of a judging pannel. This is a real competition that is held every year and would work our well with the timing if my shooting. However Simon questioned weather it embodied my themes and would provide a satisfying conclusion to my show. After some consideration I realise he is right. This idea would not necessarily allow for each school to meet properly and it would not embody the collaborative theme I had in mind for this project. There is no guarantee that each contributor would get to compete so not everyone would get closure to their story, as well this would be a whole new set we’d have to obtain permission for and rig.

Instead I will write this series so that each school will perform their end of tear show to one another, with a chance for each of them to meet fellow students at the dress rehursals and help one another practice their performances. By scrapping the competition in favour of a show this will allow the contributors we have been meeting to meet one another properly and encourage collaboration and a sense of community (the key themes of my show).


The next bit of feedback that I received was that if I scrap my competition I’d need a new title that was more “channel 4”. This is something I will work on, my synopsis and pitch could also use a little work and Simon also encouraged me to look in to a sponsor for the series to help with the international travel and budget. It was also suggested that the school seemed to different, one wa rural, one was city based, one was big the other small etc. I will look at other options that might resolve this.

No comments:

Post a Comment