Wednesday 2 May 2018

Transition: Colour Research

Transition: Colour Research

For my role as editor in this unit I want to do some colour grading for my sequence. In order to make the grade as effective as it can be I have researched in to the various colours and their meanings so that I can make the best decision possible about which colours to use in my grade. 

Red
Red can symbolise power, energy and passion. But also anger and danger. It is good for scenes which have a lot of on-screen action and can be used to symbolise a breakthrough or change in a characters mental state. None of this really applies to my scene so i dont think i'll be using it.

Blue
Blue can have a bit of a double meaning. Sometimes it can symbolise trust and stability. Whilst at other times it can be used to express a break down in a characters mental state. Showing how they have fallen in do a station of te of sadness or desperation. Being a darker colour it is also great for creating a sense of mystery. As such it could be a useful colour to use for grading.

Yellow
Yellow is a very stimulating colour it can be used to bring up the energy in a sequence as well as increase the attention of the audience. Being a traditionally happy colour it can lighten the mood of a scene. I will consider its use in my edit. 

Green
Green symbolises nature, as such it brings a sense of harmony to a piece. It creates a feel of calm, and has mostly positive connotations, but can also be associated with greed. 

Purple
Purple connotes wealth, extravagance and power. Purple is associated with wisdom and royalty but can also be used to create a sense of mystery. 

Orange
Orange can represent curiosity and can raise the intensity of an otherwise flat scene, without overpowering it like red. A such it could be a great colour to use in my edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment